The 1930′s

1931
The Menorah Center was dedicated at Wabash and Alma in Boyle Heights. It was used by over 150 different groups, had a large Hebrew school, a baby clinic, and 15,000 users each month during the 1940s.
1932
The first Sephardic synagogue in Los Angeles was dedicated on February 21, 1932.
1934
A mass meeting was held at the Philharmonic Auditorium to protest against the treatment of the Jews in Germany.
1935
The Sephardic Hebrew Center’s symagogue was dedicated in 1935.
1936
A new Committee on Jewish Education met, leading to founding of the Bureau of Jewish Education.
The Los Angeles Jewish Community Council was incorporated, today the Jewish Federation Council.

« The 1920′s

Timeline of Jewish History in Los Angeles